Thursday, July 9, 2009

Untitled

Like children dancing on washed sand
I watch them
Frolicking
Swishing grey tails
Running back and forth
Scattering, then
Jumping into seas of green ivy, and
Scampering quickly to
Return to the aged timber of my deck.
Soaring onto limbs of the rooted old tree,
Ring around the ivy, until the
Mid-day sun
Resting high in the tranquil sky
Transforms restless playmates into
Sunbathers.
Bounding life shifts, all God’s children
Rest,
Like calm waters on quiet beach shores.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Suz, Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked that beach picture with this...
    this is a pick me upper !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had a vision of playful kitties reading this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Shadow :-)
    kitties work, but i was thinking of the squirrels we have. there are 2 who think they're spending the day at the beach. they literally lay flat down on the deck rail and sun themselves. and my pup goes crazy!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, I was picturing Chihuahua's, but that's because I'm a nut. Squirrels are so much fun to watch. They do have a playful side.

    I love the sound of your prose when spoken out loud.

    ReplyDelete