Thursday, September 10, 2009

An Inside View




I recently finished reading, “A Flare from Deep in the Forest” by Holly Harden. This brief essay spoke to me, moved me, and inspired me. Below is my free-write response.


I write because I can’t sing.
I write because I listen to the words as I put them on the paper.
I write because I feel the music of nature.
I write because I am the emotion.
I carry the emotion in my mind, my heart, in my eyes.
I write because it connects me to a life I cannot express, to a world which doesn’t listen, to a body that is growing old.


picture credit: unknown

5 comments:

  1. i feel an affinity in these words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful....I can so relate!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the thing with words written is that they allow us to scream aloud or even whisper your thoughts across the ages of time. When this world chooses not to hear, perhaps tomorrow's will.

    I really liked this piece and as Shadow pointed out- I too felt an affinity with these words.

    ReplyDelete